After some careful consideration, I am making a few changes to the InDev 28 Road Map. There's were few features originally slated for InDev 29 that I feel in light of some of the new content added in InDev 28, need to be pushed up a bit in priority.
Normally, when I do this I just keep chugging along and I won't bother revising the road map, you just get a slightly bigger update than usual with some surprise features. Although in this case, these changes are pretty big deal, and also require me to push back a few bits of content into a future update, mainly the new defensive towers. But, after reading the changes, I have a feeling you're going to really love what's coming down the pipeline in the next few weeks.
As always, if you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments! You never know what feature might sneak it's way into the next patch.
InDev 28 Revised Road Map
- Golem Combobulators will get upgrade phases, each phase will increase spawn rates, golem slots and provide higher level golems.
- A new "Crystal Golem" combobulator will be added, that creates a very weak golem that does primarily magic damage.
- You guys finally convinced me. 2x speed controls are being added to the game, and the previously planned haste tower and spell is now being scrapped.
- A new resource management system will be added to the game, allowing the play to control resource production flow. The player will now be able to select how many resources they want created, with two different control mechanisms. A "Make Now" and a "Maintain" option.
- The "Make Now" option will tell the village to make up to exactly how much equipment you specific. For example, if you told the system to make 10 swords, it will make exactly 10 swords and then stop production.
- The "Maintain" option works similar to "Make Now", except instead of making up to a set amount and then stopping, it will always make sure there are at least the amount specified in the village at all times. For example, if you set the system to maintain 10 swords, the Tool Smiths will not create any swords until the total count in the village drops below 10, and then will try to make swords to bring the value back to 10. As long as the maintain settings are not changed, they will continue to always try to keep at least 10 swords in the village at all times.
- A new, and the first animal mob will be been added. The doggo! Wild doggos will very rarely spawn on the map and occasionally make their way into your village
- The chance of a wild doggo on the map visiting the village will increase during the daytime, when they are hungry or thirsty and when it is raining or snowing.
- When a wild doggo visits a village, they may interact with villagers and become domesticated, take an owner and take a name, becoming part of your village.
- Domesticated doggos will follow their owner around, and occasionally help with minor work tasks, like harvesting wild food or taking resources on the ground back to storage buildings.
- Doggos, like villagers, also need to eat, drink and have a home.
- Doggos are stronger than their same level villager counterparts, but are also a lot more brave. Keep an eye on them so they don't get themselves killed in a fight.
- "Ranged attack" code will be added to mob AI, laying the framework for villagers to use bows, as well as allow some monsters to use ranged attacks, like having fire elementals throw fireballs.
- Shields will be added to the game, giving the mob holder a chance to block and advert all possible damage.