#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,915 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Click here for help on accessing the Unstable branch!

The first InDev 28 patch is here. This patch is full of minor tweaks, as most of the work was under the hood changes invisible to the player. Because of all the under the hood changes, I'd like to make sure everything is running smoothly, so I'm releasing it into the wild a bit early. The biggest change for you guys are the new doggo mobs and several of the AI tweaks I think you'll all love. Let me know what you think of the new doggos down in the comments. :)

You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board. :)

InDev 28 Unstable 1 Change Log

Doggos
  • A new, and the first animal mob has been added. The doggo! Wild doggos will very rarely spawn on the map and occasionally make their way into your village
  • The chance of a wild doggo on the map visiting the village will increase during the daytime, when they are hungry or thirsty and when it is raining or snowing.
  • When a wild doggo visits a village, they may interact with villagers and become domesticated, take an owner and take a name, becoming part of your village.
  • Domesticated doggos will follow their owner around, and occasionally help with minor work tasks, like harvesting wild food or taking resources on the ground back to storage buildings.
  • Doggos, like villagers, also need to eat, drink and have a home.
  • Doggos are stronger than their same level villager counterparts, but are also a lot more brave. Keep an eye on them so they don't get themselves killed in a fight.
Optimizing and Big Fixes
  • The map tile loader has been completely rewritten from scratch.
  • Tons of code cleanup in the spells, mobs and object modules, streamlining the coding process to add new.
Interface Changes
  • Spawner buildings are now purple on the minimap.
  • Reorganized the defense tab into 3 sub categories.
  • Readded Ancient Radiance Pools and Cullis Gates to the map editor.
  • Main menu's drifting can now be disabled manually in settings.properties.
  • You can now hide the place camp panel in sandbox mode without placing the camp.
  • Resources are now white on the minimap.
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Mobs can now drink from the lake and ocean when desperate, but will catch dysentery.
  • Added a very rare random chance of an eclipse, causing nighttime behavior during midday.
  • Added a purple crystal tileset to be used in future biomes.
  • New resource artwork for Crylithium added.
  • Improved the construction phase artwork for all walls.
  • Lowered volume of the villager birth/nomad joined and village death melodies.
  • Spells no longer cost influence to cast if they fail to cast.
  • Varied the random standing coordinates when harvesting a bit.
Known Issues that will be resolved before the stable build
  • None.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#2 JoKER21

JoKER21
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:JoKER

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Will there be more mobs in the future that villagers could tame(cows,sheep,chickens)?

Bad times are just times that are bad.

#3 FerretBandit

FerretBandit
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

Will there be more mobs in the future that villagers could tame(cows,sheep,chickens)?

You mean cowwos, sheepos, and chickennos? (and don't forget cattos!)

#4 Skowolski

Skowolski
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pip

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Hi Ray,

i have a question. When will you be able to update/upgrade save files from previous version to  current one? :D

Every time i play unstable and when i manage to build 2 towns on 2 areas BAM! old save file is gone due to update xD

Very good work on getting the game forward btw., i really enjoy it. 

Best regards, Skowo

Edit: I know the steam update client is to blame cause it always forces all the updates, thats why i ask about when well be able to convert old save files to current ones.

Edit2: There is a bug with stone gate (W/E). it builds stone gate (N/S) instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users