I'm going to stop cluttering the forums with multiple threads and just update one thread with things. My husband is a game developer so I always have a lot of feedback for games,
My first game I played on traditional, went to year 2 with a population over 200 before declaring the game won and jumping up the difficulty. Second game is in winter of the first year.
- I am playing build InDev 26c on steam-
- The game is addictive, it definitely has a 'one more day' feel to it.
- The color coding is brilliant. I very much enjoy the villagers having a different color shirt for their job. ( Totally hope the guards show up in helmets and armor esque shirts would be an awesome compliment to the rest of the system). This includes the color code for harvesting, green for villager on the way, yellow for reachable, red for unreachable.
- I love the idea behind limbo and transferring people and minerals map to map. I haven't seen a city builder that chains games together since Pharaoh.
- I really like the full moon, and the fact that the full moon makes ghost show up like crazy!
- Up-gradable buildings.
- The cloud shadows are un-needed (you can tell its raining by the rain and lightning) and too dark. I spent far too long wondering why my town was so hard to see and why the lights weren't doing anything before I noticed the cloud shape.
- Fan-names - I've noticed Star-trek, Game of thrones, Harry Potter, and celebrities (even Donald McRonald). Once you start noticing them you just keep noticing them, and its a unneeded annoyance. Honestly I'd keep the kickstarter names and then just upload a baby names database to the game.
- Tower tool tips - It should say what towers can shoot over what walls, I just built a sling tower, but it doesn't seam to shoot over my stone wall.
- The 'news' panel tells me when people 'mated'... but doesn't keep a notice of who died. Meaning if you missed the top of the screen message you just missed it.
- Recall may be a little overpowered as I recall all the nomads that sow up to my town.
- Would be kind of cool to have 'new moon' to go along with full moon. With the new moon having additional difficulty on the wave. With this you may need to make the new and full moon's happen in a predictable fashion so players can prepare for the stronger waves.
- Light on a wall. I find the fire pits in the middle of the wall is a little silly, I'd honestly like a wall with a fire on it
- Would be very helpful if there was a in-game help book, with general tips, explaining the color codes and the day timer.
- Pick what vegetable to plant per farm. Yes this is a OCD thing... I just don't want someone planting carrots in my turnip farm. Also, It might be cool if farms of specific types get a bonus for what terrain they are planted on. Cactus on Sand, Carrots, turnip, potato's on grass, ect.