For example, the Bow Tower will feature the base building, and 3 upgrades. The first two upgrades will simply boost the towers base ammo capacity, damage, and firing rate, but the final upgrade will let you to select between 3 element types, allowing your maximum upgraded bow tower to launch fire, ice or lightning arrows at your enemies depending on your personal preference.
This patch will also introduce a new damage type system adding resistances and weaknesses to all villagers, monsters and golems. Skeletons for example will be highly resistant to piercing damage (arrows), but highly vulnerable to crushing (stone balls). Making the bow tower mostly useless, but the bullet and sling towers highly effective.
But that's not all! In addition to all the new tower upgrades, brand new towers will also be added to the game! So check out the road map below for all the juicy details.
Due to the amount of towers I am planning this patch may be broken into two major stable patches (InDev 26 and 27). It mostly depends on the development time needed to add all of the new towers to the game.
If you have any requests, be sure to post them in the comments. Let me know what you want, and how you want it to work! You might just find it sneak into the next patch.
InDev 26 Road Map
- All existing towers will be given 4 upgrade phases, with the final upgrade allowing you to pick from various elemental types (Fire, Ice, Poison, Acid, Lightning, etc)
- Fire Bolt Tower will be redesigned into an "Elemental" tower, doing generic magic damage at first, then upgraded into a fire, lightning or ice bolt tower later.
- Longbow Tower. A new variant of the bow tower with exceptional range and damage, but very slow firing.
- Spray Tower. A new variant of the bullet tower, very short range, extremely high rate of fire, but very inaccurate.
- Recombobulator Tower. A tower designed to heal nearby golems.
- Haste Tower. Increases the movement speed of all mobs (Monsters and villagers included) in the area.
- Static Tower. A very short range, very low damage area of effect tower that will damage all hostile mobs in range.
- Boost Tower. A tower that will use essence to "boost" nearby towers firing rates.
- Chain Lightning Tower. A tower that does pure electric damage that jumps from one mob to the next.
- Sticky Tower. Does no damage, but will slow down anything it hits.
- Banish Tower. Teleports a hostile mob away from the village.
- Attract Tower. Fetches nearby items on the ground and pulls them to the tower.
- Flame Tower. Does fire damage in a small area, burning everything in its path.
- Frost Tower. Similar to the flame tower, but fires a cloud of ice. Does low damage, but slows down the enemy.
- Everything in the game will be assigned a damage type (or types). Bow towers will do piercing damage, bullet towners will do crushing damage, etc.
- Currently planned damage types are: Blunt/Crushing, Piercing/Cutting, Fire, Ice, Water, Lightning, Acid, Poison, Disease. (Suggest more in the comments!)
- Many mobs will have resistances or vulnerabilities to various damage types. For example, a zombie may be highly resistant to disease and poison, but vulnerable to fire. While some mobs may be immune to certain damage types all together, like the Fire Elemental will be completely immune to fire, but extremely vulnerable to ice. The specter may be immune to all physical damage, but extremely vulnerable to all elemental damage.