What does Cullis Gate do?
4 replies to this topic - Started By abc, Jan 24 2017 09:52 AM

#1 abc

abc
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

What does Cullis Gate do? It says it allows you to access Limbo, but it seems I can access Limbo with or without one by using the Influence spells.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

You can use the grab spell on it to randomly pluck things out of Limbo, or drop things in the pool to send them to Limbo.

They're pretty much obsolete at this point, with the addition of the Send to/Take from Limbo spells. But, it's not hurting anything so I just never removed them.

Likely I'll just leave them in game until I get some wild new idea that makes sense, and rewrite them. For now, they're harmlessly semi-useless content fluff. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 abc

abc
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

You can use the grab spell on it to randomly pluck things out of Limbo, or drop things in the pool to send them to Limbo.

They're pretty much obsolete at this point, with the addition of the Send to/Take from Limbo spells. But, it's not hurting anything so I just never removed them.

Likely I'll just leave them in game until I get some wild new idea that makes sense, and rewrite them. For now, they're harmlessly semi-useless content fluff. ;)

What if they collect essense, and when they hit max you can activate them for them to send out a large burst of villagers, resources and monsters?

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,925 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

What if they collect essense, and when they hit max you can activate them for them to send out a large burst of villagers, resources and monsters?

heh, that's actually how the original cullis gates worked, in the pre-limbo days.

The Cullis gates would build up a charge and once full, "Explode" generating a ton of random resources, villagers, or sometimes zombies.

Might be a fun mechanic to reintroduce though.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#5 crazyzelot

crazyzelot
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

It could be the new monster spawner. Created when you use to much influence in a specific area, or always slowly drawing in essence to create new monsters. That plus the graveyard building could make for interesting Defense/Offense maps where you are trying to destroy the cullis gates in an area to "reclaim it" for the Creator (you). Eventually culminating in a Boss Fight somewhere in the dark region of the overworld map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users