2 replies to this topic - Started By Odondon, Oct 13 2016 02:15 PM

#1 Odondon

Odondon
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hi! 

Wow, the game is beautiful so far, thanks!

But walls and roads are pain to draw. All we need is a 'draw a line on drag and drop'.

For roads we also need a brush size of two or adjustable cause the minimum gap between buildings is two.

And for roads this line draw should be also able to upgrade all on its path.

After all I would just add option to 'always build max level roads'.

Thanks!

coming_soon.png

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,913 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Line tool is definitely planned for both roads and walls. It's just a bit on the back burner right now. It'll basically work by selecting point A then either selecting point B or dragging to it. (So, pretty much what you're describing!). :)

As for the road auto-upgrading, I'd like to add this in as well, but from a interface standpoint I'm not sure how. It would be very simple to add a "Upgrade until maximum" flag, but in the future that won't be an ideal solution, because someday more complex/expensive roads will be added (The next one above the current max will require iron for example). So if players went and assigned roads to be "upgraded to max" it would get very expensive, very fast.

What I'd like to do is an "Upgrade until <Road type selected>". But I haven't decided the best way to do that yet. Currently I've been tossing around the idea of making the road selection "stack", and when you re-select an already selected road it adds +1 to the queue, triggering it to build the next 2 road types (or more). But that might get annoying, because it may require you to select the ground 5+ times to stack the selection from no road all the way up to the maximum road type.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Night_Ange1

Night_Ange1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:06 AM

What if at the road upgrade button it had a small list pop up when hovering or clicking it that allowed you to pick what level of road (foot,wood,rock,plank,stone,iron...) Each time you place a road it would stack the upgrades from current to whatever level you chose

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walls, roads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users