Recent Forum Topics
[Indev 32e/Mac] - Spawning with almost no villagers
The Bacon Pope - Mar 19 2019 10:53 AM
[InDev 32e / Linux] IndexOutOfBoundsException on night 19 and on loading the last save
psient - Mar 18 2019 10:55 PM
Seemingly Random Crash During Night, Null Pointer Exception.
mistcurve - Mar 17 2019 08:38 PM
Food, Farming and Starvation
In this update, I've added:
- Hunger, they now go home when they need to eat. If they have no home, they scavenge for scraps around or outside of town! Be careful, if you don't get your farms going before your villagers start to starve they may eat all the nearby food, dooming you in the long run!
- New farm building added, can now plant nearby crops and make them a renewable resource to keep your village running strong.
- The farmers will distribute food to all the homes nearby, and tend to the crops automatically. No player intervention required once you have a functional farm going!
- Happiness now is directly affected by hunger, now your villagers happiness will drop when they're hungry, so keep them fed!
- Villagers who's hunger hits zero will slowly starve to death.
Future farming plans:
- Many various farm building sizes, some small and quick to build, some large and resource intensive to build.
- Food storage building (Like the lumber storage, just for food of course.)
- More plant types! Currently we only have carrots, but that will change eventually.
- Animals/meats, these will be added someday after the core mechanics are all in place. Probably sometime during alpha.
- Farming flowers, for use in future decorative builds.