#1 Ystzom

Ystzom
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:mat_lo1
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

How would it be playing Retro-Pixel Castles in your own mother tongue?

It would make playing the game, for players in Countries with other languages

besides english, much easier. Especially the tips.

And some fellow gamer, who hasn't made up his mind on buying this precious game,

could have one reason more to buy it. Cuz' obviously not everyone can understand English very well.

I'm from Germany and would love to see Retro-Pixel Castles in the Language of Germany.

If you're considering on doing that, I would love to contribute my effort on the translation into German.

I hope that my suggestion is possible to be turned into reality.

76561198114775702.png

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,865 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

I'm definitely planning multi-language support, but it's pretty far off from implementing.

The plan is to convert all of the game text to a human-readable text file system, and stick it in a folder (like /language/english.txt, russian.txt, german.txt, etc). Then, in-game it would detect what translation files are in the folder, and the player can select the one they want from a dropdown box.

The problem is, I only speak English! Bibiki (Soundtrack author) speaks Spanish, and I have a few Russian and German friends, but when it boils down to it I'm basically stuck only being able to work in English for now. The long term plan to get around this problem is to open up support for adding multiple languages, then allow the users to create their own and upload them to the Steam Workshop. The best translations I would handpick out of the workshop and ask the owner if it can be implemented into the game by default. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Luka

Luka
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:cheeselumps
  • LocationIreland.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

The plan is to convert all of the game text to a human-readable text file system, and stick it in a folder (like /language/english.txt, russian.txt, german.txt, etc). Then, in-game it would detect what translation files are in the folder, and the player can select the one they want from a dropdown box.

There's a very famous game, worth about 2 million i beta test for that does that. Not exactly useful knowledge, but i just thought i might as well.. 

#4 Ystzom

Ystzom
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

hm. ok

Whenever that is happening, i will submit my own translation. ^_^

76561198114775702.png

#5 DaWall

DaWall
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Gunny
  • LocationGermany, NRW

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Made an account here just for that. I would also like to contribute to the german language file.

Whoever saves one life, saves the entire world.

#6 Ystzom

Ystzom
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

When the time to translate has come, would it be possible to create a shared Google doc or sheet (or anything like Google docs/sheets)? Like this everyone could access it and contribute to the translation together, thus saving time.

76561198114775702.png

#7 Unqback

Unqback
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:unqback

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:48 AM

Has the time come?

I would like to help translate into Russian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users