Controlling Villagers and Golems
2 replies to this topic - Started By Color_cow, Jun 05 2018 12:37 PM

#1 Color_cow

Color_cow
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

During the late game of Rise to Ruins, the armies of monsters that come and attack your base become more and more powerful, and their potential to kill any villagers who wander near them also increases. Yet when I play, I find myself faced with this exact problem, as villagers attack monsters through gates and paths meant for friendly golems.

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow the player to better control golem and villager movement. Maybe creating no-go zones for villagers that would ensure they stay out of danger during the night? Or possibly controls for golems that do the opposite, so that they fight the enemy and stay in one spot instead of roaming around your village.

This ability to control golems specifically could also allow the player to launch large day time attacks against enemy bases in the corruption.

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 24 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

The game is meant to be defensive, and have as little direct control as possible and still be a playable game, so the most Ray may allow is a buildable sign that warns villagers away from a spot, unless they absolutely have to go through there (no other route).

Golems patrol using combobulators, recombobulators, and towers as waypoints. From there, smart village design will have them where they need to be most of the time.

#3 SamuelHenderson

SamuelHenderson
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

In continuation to Tiberiumkyle's post above ... I'm pretty sure the militia villagers (those assigned to barracks) also patrol to outposts.  I do know if there are no outposts they seem to patrol the perimeter of your village (which can be seen in one of the overlay views).

So maybe if you had an outpost near the trouble spot you would also have a higher presence of militia there that can better cope with the monsters?  I'm just spitballing that idea of course ... I have yet to try it in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users