my first impression on InDev 30 unstable 4
2 replies to this topic - Started By supermash, Apr 14 2018 04:51 PM

#1 supermash

supermash
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

hi everyone, after few hours of playing this new unstable version I can talk about my first impression and my suggestion to upgrade it :

here are the good points :

- this version is really stable, I mean no crash and no big prob about performance.

- the new aging system is very cool (but can be improved ).

- I tested the new protection against corruption and it's work fine.

- the challenge is real.

now here are the bad points (bug included) :

- the probability of one villager died when he give birth is too high.

- when a villager die for giving birth he doesn't become a ghost ( or maybe the full moon I get was really unlucky)  

- when you start the map, the life expectancy drop really quickly for most of the villager the first day because they don't have a house or food immediately so they are quickly unhappy. making them losing 2 or 3 days of life expectancy the first day and you can't do something enough quickly against that.

- in general, the life expectancy drop sometimes without real reason.

- die immediately when the villager ( or the dogo ) reach the life expectancy is for me really stupid. it's like you have a clock with the time remaining of living without any possibility to live longer.

- when a villager dies for age reason, he gets the same die announcement as a die for a monster reason or other cause (starving, blitz ...).

he should get another announcement more peaceful to make difference quickly between age die cause and other brutal die cause.  

some suggestion to improve these points :

- decrease the probability of dying when giving birth  

-  change the die by life expectancy,  make a  system when you reach the life expectancy you have a probability of dying ( a not die immediately ) and this probability of dying increase for each day after the life expectancy or if the life expectancy drop more.

- increase the global life expectancy, the village doesn't have enough natural birth to compensate aging and other reason of die in 30 or less.

- make a small message when a villager become an elder. 

that's all for now, I will give more feedback when i can.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,848 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

- the probability of one villager died when he give birth is too high.

I'll have to wait for more feedback from other's, it's a big hard to judge RNG on these sort of things. :)

- when a villager die for giving birth he doesn't become a ghost ( or maybe the full moon I get was really unlucky)

They should be producing a ghost, it just triggers the standard death. The only ones that won't produce a ghost should be elders. But I'll look into it. 

- when you start the map, the life expectancy drop really quickly for most of the villager the first day because they don't have a house or food immediately so they are quickly unhappy. making them losing 2 or 3 days of life expectancy the first day and you can't do something enough quickly against that.

That's actually on purpose, the hardships of starting up punish your first generation. :)

- in general, the life expectancy drop sometimes without real reason.

It can drop for a zillion reasons. I'd have to know what's going on with the villager. But, it may need some tweaking.

- die immediately when the villager ( or the dogo ) reach the life expectancy is for me really stupid. it's like you have a clock with the time remaining of living without any possibility to live longer.
- when a villager dies for age reason, he gets the same die announcement as a die for a monster reason or other cause (starving, blitz ...).
he should get another announcement more peaceful to make difference quickly between age die cause and other brutal die cause.

Agreed, these are some of the "loose ends" I want to clean up before stable. ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,848 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Small update; Released 4b due to a game breaking bug that was just discovered, it introduced some of the balance chances I was planning for 5. They might help address some of your issues you brought up.  :)

But, many of them you won't see on "old" villagers, only on newly spawned ones.

Changelog snippit:

InDev 30 Unstable 4b *HOTFIX* Change Log

Aging System
  • Villagers all have been given an additional 10 years of life.
  • Doggos have been given an additional 5 years of life.
  • Rebalanced/Nerfed the rate constitution drops.
  • Halved the chance villagers can die from child birth.
  • Now mothers have a 50% chance of losing 1 day of life expectancy during child birth, rather than a guaranteed chance of losing 1 or 2.
Big Fixes
  • Fixed world map edge scrolling settings.
  • Fixed a minor range generation issue that could result in some AI getting stuck in an endless loop trying to deliver something.

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users