Buckets as a craftable tool
3 replies to this topic - Started By Greentail, Mar 05 2018 09:04 AM

#1 Greentail

Greentail
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Since the average population is getting halved, it's time to make buckets craftable. Perhaps farms built near water wouldn't need to be watered, so player can have food in early game without having buckets yet. A wooden replacement for iron buckets would work, too. What do you think?

#2 Rikiki

Rikiki
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

There is already the hoe tool for farmers.

In what/who's slot do you put the bucket?

#3 Greentail

Greentail
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

There is already the hoe tool for farmers.

In what/who's slot do you put the bucket?

The bucket could be a simple item, not a tool, as well. The point is to make them craftable so they won't appear out of nowhere.

#4 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented, exactly. Tools are just speed boosts with durability and a small sprite change for workers. Perhaps workers could carry half-value "bowls" of water until iron is available for crafting buckets at a toolsmithy? Water values would have to be rebalanced for this to work.

I'm not a fan of the current magically-appearing buckets, but this sounds like a change that should happen further down the line. Maybe if/when Rev makes tool usage and equipment more obvious (ex: tool-specific sprites and animations, visible armor, etc.).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users