Ease up on the "events"
5 replies to this topic - Started By thetrav, Feb 02 2018 06:50 PM

#1 thetrav

thetrav
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

The events are cool, but I'm often finding myself hit by chains of them.

Hail storm -> earth quake -> meteor shower

There's nothing I can do about them except repair the damage once they're over.  Just feels like being used as a punching bag.  Seeing them a couple of times is fun, after that they're annoying or painful

#2 tream2001

tream2001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

I think events are a good way to add variety in the game.  Especially after you have a town set up and is mostly self sufficient.  But I think a better way to solve this problem is to add ways to prevent or protect against events, rather than decreasing the events themselves.  For example, if I was concerned about a lightning storm ravaging my city, then I can build lightning rods to protect my town.  Even better, I am rewarded with extra mana during the event for being prepared.  This enhances the game play by adding more depth, and stops people from feeling like they are at the whim of luck.

#3 thetrav

thetrav
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

how do you protect against a chain of meteor shower -> earthquake -> meteor shower -> hail storm?

Your stuff just takes damage, goes on fire, your people all run inside.  With my population of 70-ish I can still only cast mending once

#4 tream2001

tream2001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

I've had that happen to me too and I haven't found any way to protect against it.  I was more just suggesting an alternate solution to your problem than decreasing the event spawns.

#5 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

I'd like to know the exact mechanics for event generation (1 in 400k isn't very meaningful if I don't know how often the ticks occur), but I'm in favor of keeping it so events can potentially overlap. It keeps you on your toes and makes for more interesting stories if there's a small, deadly chance that you'll experience an "apocalypse", though it shouldn't be impossible to survive.

#6 Bolgfred

Bolgfred
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

It keeps you on your toes and makes for more interesting stories if there's a small, deadly chance that you'll experience an "apocalypse", though it shouldn't be impossible to survive.

about for the deadliness I think it might be an improvement if events are more focused, making a meteor shower destroying a more central area or earthquake being more of a line of destruction or something.

On these one might can react as they be more devastating, but one can e.g. move villagers and items away, whilst the pool building hit, will be probably destroyed instead of every building downed to 50%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users