A Couple Suggestions
5 replies to this topic - Started By the1SAR, Jan 09 2018 08:54 AM

#1 the1SAR

the1SAR
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Hey, I've been playing this game a lot since I got it about a week ago.  In my time playing this game, I've thought of a couple ideas to possibly improve the game.

1.  A toggle for showing or not showing the range of already-placed towers.  It's a little annoying when I'm trying to collect essence from defeated enemies near the towers if everytime the game thinks I'm clicking on the tower itself and makes the range grid appear. 

2.  A better means to obtain essence from bodies that someone happens to be standing on the same square as.  Or a better indicator that you're actually getting the essence from said situation when you click.

3.  Anybody else use holy golems to attack enemy spawn points?  Anybody else have the golems wander what seems like miles away from the enemy spawn point you spawn the golems near to instead attack a headless?  It'd be nice that, if spawned far enough away from the village, they'd focus on the closest enemy or enemy spawn they were spawned to.  And only if they get attacked, then they'd change their target.

4.  Either a way to remove keys from storage to take them to loot boxes or a better way to move loot boxes than just clicking and hoping they'll move toward the village.  I've got who-knows how many boxes out in the wild and a couple keys in storage that'd go perfectly together.

#2 roCKET

roCKET
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

As for keys,I have been finding 1 or 2  on the map close at hand, usually 1. Opening boxes far afield you could try the return to village arrow from the top menu. I havent tried it on resources but it says it will do that. I works great for bringing nomads to the village. And if you get into mid to later game in a market you can buy keys. Its just hard to get there. Removing keys from storage just pick them up with your magic hand and take them anywhere.

#3 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

2. It might be less than the amount you get for clicking (I haven't tested it or read any reports about it), but bodies slowly produce essence as they decompose. You don't have to click them. Other than grabbing and moving whatever's in front of them, I don't know if there's really a solution to that little issue. They're probably considered a much lower priority than checking the health/status of whatever's standing on top of them.

3. I've never had a holy golem wander more than a dozen or so tiles away from their current position (outside of the village range) to attack a monster. Maybe you're seeing a golem simply go after one monster after the other? Try throwing the holy golems into cullis gates right before they die; you'll get almost their full influence cost back. I use them more than anything else for attacking spawners.

4. Just take your key out of the building it's being kept in by using grab over the building, drop it on the box, and cast recall.

#4 the1SAR

the1SAR
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

2. It might be less than the amount you get for clicking (I haven't tested it or read any reports about it), but bodies slowly produce essence as they decompose. You don't have to click them. Other than grabbing and moving whatever's in front of them, I don't know if there's really a solution to that little issue. They're probably considered a much lower priority than checking the health/status of whatever's standing on top of them.

3. I've never had a holy golem wander more than a dozen or so tiles away from their current position (outside of the village range) to attack a monster. Maybe you're seeing a golem simply go after one monster after the other? Try throwing the holy golems into cullis gates right before they die; you'll get almost their full influence cost back. I use them more than anything else for attacking spawners.

4. Just take your key out of the building it's being kept in by using grab over the building, drop it on the box, and cast recall.

Thanks for the tips!  I hadn't thought about throwing the golems into cullis gates before they die. 

I've played more since I posted this topic, and I have discovered the grabbing resources out of buildings and the usefulness of recall.  Though, in my opinion, it'd be useful to have a way to tell where the resources are specifically...  I remember trying to find a key one time (and the game saying I had one in storage) but not having any luck finding it.

#5 Arrevax

Arrevax
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Arrevax

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

You could try disabling key storage for every building except one. The game will still count keys on the ground within the village, however.

#6 Tallsocksir

Tallsocksir
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:57 AM

So far what I've got in terms of what the devs are trying to stick to is a unwinnable survival. So in keeping with that area of development maybe making the mobs difficulty level increase rate slower and adding more town difficulty. Such as if the happiness with some villagers becomes too low, instead of them just leaving they go off and try to start their own village. Events that spawn off of this could be they send raiding parties to the player or form a cult of world enders and kidnap the players townsfolk for rituals. Once they get enough energy from this they can cause rivers, lakes, or ponds to dry up; or cause forest fires. Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a way to have different regions effect on another. I'm not sure what this would entail though, maybe if a bordering region is overrun with mobs than a mob spawn rate increase could be imposed on bordering regions. With a counter balance that low mob count could provide increased happiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users