Lootboxes and keys
9 replies to this topic - Started By NihilRex, Dec 12 2017 06:02 PM

#1 NihilRex

NihilRex
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

There is currently no way to easily find keys purchased from the catjeets.

Could we perhaps move the lootboxes as items, and have villagers open them with keys instead?

Alternatively, could we get a Key-only storage chest that is small, say 2x2, with its' priority higher than other storage possibilities?

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,869 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

The villagers actually can open them, if both the loot box and the key is inside the village, but it's usually the job of organizers. :)

Most of the time when purchased, the keys will also end up stored in the Ancillary or Camp, so I'd always check there first if you're trying to grab one to drop on a chest outside the village.
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 Bolgfred

Bolgfred
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

A more magical solution might be, that every building with a key inside, starts sparkling or glowing golden. 

#4 ZackTheGreat

ZackTheGreat
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

I also think the keys are a bit hard to see, given how busy everything can get. It took me a while to understand where they end up, I would spend a lot more time squinting for them before I fully understood the flow of storage. Even if the size can't change or even additional particles, maybe a tip or addition to the loot box/suspicious key dialogue could be talking about where the keys could be stored would help.

#5 jonTucich

jonTucich
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

I've gotten a lot of keys, but I've never seen a lootbox.  

what do they look like?

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,869 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

I've gotten a lot of keys, but I've never seen a lootbox.  

what do they look like?

You have to uncover them, they're scattered around on the map hiding under glowing spots. ;)

Here's a tweet with a video of one;

https://twitter.com/...513583604326405

Rise to Ruins Developer

#7 jonTucich

jonTucich
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Oh, that's what those are!

I see lots of those little circles - I thought they were spawn points for mobs...

thanks,

jon

#8 Nnelg

Nnelg
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

I think that the solution should be to implement a more robust way of taking stock in general.

Like, maybe if you click on one of the icons at the top of the screen it highlighted and displayed a number above buildings with that resource in it.

Maybe you could even use Grab while in that 'highlighted mode' to only ever pick up the chosen resource, which would speed up getting items out of ancillaries etc. and reduce misclicks.

#9 Rikiki

Rikiki
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

Like, maybe if you click on one of the icons at the top of the screen it highlighted and displayed a number above buildings with that resource in it.

This sounds good!

And if no resource is selected in the top bar, when you click on a building with the grab spell, display a wheel of all stocked resources in it to select from.

#10 roCKET

roCKET
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Pip

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

I find it east to just use your magic hand and remove stock/resources from the industry yard its made at. Of course its 1 at a time. And villagers freak out when the magic hand is used to much. Sometimes a group will gather to watch. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users