[InDev 29 Unstable 3b|Win 10] Village never opens
7 replies to this topic - Started By rwv37, Dec 05 2017 06:49 PM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

When I click on my village in the screen where you select the region, the loading screen opens and behaves normally for a little while, but when it gets to "Loading loot box module", it just hangs, seemingly indefinitely.  It uses no CPU during this freeze, and allocated memory doesn't seem to change. 

This village was created using either 29 Unstable 3 or 29 Unstable 3b; not sure which.  In any case, it has successfully opened in the past using 3b, but no more.  I have tried five times since the first time it did this, and it hasn't worked since. 

I have let it go for at least six minutes before giving up and killing the process.

Other regions in the world open just fine.  This is the only one that currently has a village, though.  There is one other region that has villagers, but no village; that opens fine.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,757 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

There may be an endless loop in the AI somewhere causing the game to hang, can you send me the save? If that's the case I should be able to isolate it pretty quick and fix it next patch.

Once sent, you may be able to fix your copy by resetting the AI. Open up profiles/settings.properies, add debug=true to the list, restart the game, and then when you go to the map click "Reset AI" instead. It might fix it for you.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

Regarding looping: It's using no measurable CPU, so if it's looping, I guess it must be looping slowly.  Maybe instead, it's waiting for some condition that will never happen?

Regarding sending it to you: Sorry, the "upload to developer" thing requires me to allow the JVM through my firewall, which I am not going to do.  Is there another way I can get it to you?

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,757 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:12 AM

Regarding looping: It's using no measurable CPU, so if it's looping, I guess it must be looping slowly.  Maybe instead, it's waiting for some condition that will never happen?

Regarding sending it to you: Sorry, the "upload to developer" thing requires me to allow the JVM through my firewall, which I am not going to do.  Is there another way I can get it to you?

You can just zip the entire /profiles/ folder and upload it to dropbox, or something similar. ;)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#5 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

OK, thanks, I'll do that and send you a message with the link.

#6 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

debug=true fixed it.  Thanks!

#7 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,757 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

Poked around your profile, and it should be fixed now. But it's extremely hard to duplicate, so I can't say for absolute certainty. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

#8 Pipebomb

Pipebomb
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Pip

Posted Yesterday, 12:12 AM

I was having this problem going from 29.4a to 29.4b.  Map wouldn't load and I'd crash.  Resetting the AI fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users