1 reply to this topic - Started By rwv37, Nov 12 2017 05:18 AM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:18 AM

A few suggestions which stand individually but are at least a little related:

(1) It would be nice to be able to control the maximum amount of any particular item that your villagers will collect.  For example, one way I'd use this very frequently: At some point during a game, I no longer want any wooden swords, wood shields, leather armors, or leather helmets.  None.  Zero.  They just take up villagers' time and the village's storage space, and worse yet might get used instead of iron stuff.  So I would like to be able to say "Have a maximum of zero wooden swords".  If a wooden sword then appears in the village, the villagers ignore it and let it rot.  If there's already a wooden sword in storage, maybe they even take it out and dump it.

(2) I'd like similar functionality on individual buildings, saying how much of any particular item could be stored in each.  For example, I want to build an equipment storage next to my toolsmithy, so that new spare tools can quickly be stored.  But as soon as I do, my bottler decides to start taking bottles to that equipment storage, which may be nowhere near the bottling plant.  I have plenty of storage for bottles already - the bottling plant itself, and the housing.  I don't need more, and I don't want bottles taking up space that could be taken by spare tools, nor do I want my bottler wasting her time moving bottles to that space.  So I'd like to be able to say "For this particular equipment storage building, disallow bottles".

(3) This isn't strongly related to the other two, but it might work nicely with them: When you build a cullis gate, maybe a new job type should open up - priest.  They could dump stuff in the cullis gate, sacrificing it to you.  Or perhaps "garbage collector" - same idea, but they only dump excess stuff - stuff that you have no room for, or that you've disallowed from being collected (as in the first suggestion).

#2 Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle
  • Moderators
  • 7 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

The inventory control is already in the works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users