Resource management option
2 replies to this topic - Started By rwv37, Oct 08 2017 02:01 PM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

In addition to the new "build now" and "maintain" options, I think it would be nice to have a "build as needed" option.  So, for example, if I have this option checked, and I say to start building a crystal harvestry, eight boards are automatically added to "build now".

I think it would be a good thing to have turned on by default, too.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,703 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

That would be nice, although there's literally no space in the GUI for it. I suppose maybe it could be a setting one-notch past or before "infinity". 

It also would only functionally work for building materials. If I allow it for tools and weapons, it would just cause the same problems the pre-management tab system will cause in the future, because the AI won't be able to understand what "As needed" means for tools and weapons, when there's various options for similar-but-different equipment in the future.

I think the main problem will be time management, most refining materials take a while to create. If you don't already have a stockpile chances are if you set everything to "as needed", you'll always be waiting for boards, cut stone or crylithium to be made (Especially with buildings like Hovels, that require a ton of boards). For late game play, it would probably be in the player's best interest to maintain a small stockpile at all times.

Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 SonicX3

SonicX3
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

about the 'maintain' function, really like it, but i think it only applies to the total ammount, unless i missed something. i would like to set it so i maintain a certain ammount in storage, ignoring what else is around, espeacily with tools, food, water ... (i think there is/was something in place that there will be as much produced as there is population, but wouldnt know how that applies to tools and anything else), maybe even that construction sites are ignored, dont know if that counts as stored or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users