[InDev 28 Unstable 5 | Win 10] Gates under attack
2 replies to this topic - Started By rwv37, Oct 08 2017 01:57 PM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

When monsters are attacking a gate, it doesn't show up in the Problem Panel (i.e. there's no "monster is attacking a building" message).

Also, minor related suggestion: Instead of just adding the "attacking building" message for it, it might be nice to specifically have a "monsters are at the gates" message.

#2 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Err, I guess I should say that this is at least true for N-S stone gates.

#3 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,703 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

It looks like the problem is a bit more complicated. The issue isn't that the gates aren't being counted (they actually are!) it's that the brute force pathfinding (when they start tearing down walls, gates, terrain, etc) isn't technically considered "attacking a building", it's just "attacking whatever is in its path". So when they're in this mode, and attack the gate, they're actually not flagged for "attacking a building".

The problem is how the counter works, it detects all the mobs flagged as targeting a building, and these specific mobs are not they're just finding the shortest path into the village (via the gate).

Because of that, it'll require some re-thinking how the problem panel handles this, so I probably won't be able to get it done by next patch (28 Stable is due out on the 15th, and I have other fish to fry!). But I'll toss it on the bug pile for later. :)

Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users