[InDev 27e | Win 10] Minor map weirdness
4 replies to this topic - Started By rwv37, Sep 12 2017 08:08 PM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Not a big deal, but: Every so often when I'm digging holes, something like this happens to my map:

zUYKRTi.png

It's not a temporary glitch - you can move the view to another part of the world, and if you go back, it will still be there; you can even exit the program, and when you restart it, it will still be there.  The only way I've found to make it go away is to destroy terrain on the strange tiles (they act as if they are water) and then dig holes in them again.

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,720 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

You wouldn't happen to be digging during the Winter?
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

I can't guarantee that I was digging in the winter when that screenshot happened, nor every time that a similar thing has happened.  But I definitely do dig in the winter, and I think (not sure) I most often dig in the winter.  I'll pay more attention and see if it seems related or not.

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,720 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

I can't guarantee that I was digging in the winter when that screenshot happened, nor every time that a similar thing has happened.  But I definitely do dig in the winter, and I think (not sure) I most often dig in the winter.  I'll pay more attention and see if it seems related or not.

I'll poke around. Last time this was reported, it was caused by digging/filling in while the water was frozen, followed by rain. It caused the water balance system to freak out and show the same glitch you're seeing. But I have not had time to look into it this patch. :)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#5 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Something like it has happened again, and this time I was paying a little more attention:

TDYbQsK.png

It was definitely dug in the winter.  At that time, there were three additional one-square holes in addition to the two that are currently there; the added three were in the same line as the two, just to the north of them, in what are now the three "mystery inland coast" squares.  It looked normal at that time, and I expected that when the spring thaw happened, the five holes would disappear and become part of the main lake.  Instead, this happened.

I'm sorry, I forgot to keep track of whether it rained or not. I feel like it did, but I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users