The first InDev 27 release is here. This patch introduces most of the new guard AI, some trading AI and a bunch of other new mechanics and tweaks. The guards still need some additional AI tweaking, but let me know down in the comments what you think thus far!
NOTE: This patch also completely changes the Cullis Gate mechanics, Cullis Gates will now destroy any resources, or kill any villager or monsters thrown into it in return for some essence.
You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board.
InDev 27 Unstable 1b HOTFIX Change Log
- You can no longer send golems to Limbo.
- Adjusted some wall artwork for the wood wall.
- Fixed a bug causing villagers to hardly ever chat, resulting in less of them pairing up and mating.
Guards and Barracks
- New Job: Guards. They will patrol around your village, front lines or the perimeter depending on the time of day and try to work in groups to remove any threats in and around the village. Guards will also automatically "post" themselves at the new Outposts or the Barracks, providing a lookout that will call over more guards if danger arrives.
- Villagers can now "Call the guards" when they are attacked, causing up to the 5 nearest guards to be called over for every one monster in the area.
- New Building: Barracks. This building provides guards, and stores a large amount of equipment for them to use. The Barracks will also gain a small bow tower when upgraded to maximum. In a future update, guards will also be able to use the barracks as a home.
- New Building: Outpost. Adds a small amount of guard slots, and has some storage for equipment. The maximum upgraded version also gains a small bow tower.
- Fixed a stack overflow error with range map desirability that would cause the desirability to "roll over" on itself, returning back to 0.
- Fixed a few miscellaneous GUI typos.
- Removed some benchmark code from the object overlay system.
- In the rare event a mob is hit by another friendly mob or tower, it will not attack back.
- Fixed missing Abandoned Recombobulator Tower GUI icon.
- Cleaned up some resource placement code, preventing resources from being placed "in air" more than once at the same time.
- A new trading AI branch has been added to all villagers, that will allow them to trade directly with one another to get the correct tools, weapons, armor, food or anything else they may require.
- The Cullis Gate has been completely rewritten. You can now drop mobs and resources into it (Including monsters!), sacrificing them for essence. But if you're not careful they can overload and explode into a massive earthquake.
- "Take From Limbo" and "Send To Limbo" costs reduced.
- The inventory slots have been changed, now mobs can have a new shield slot (Currently unused), and the two item slots have been replaced with 3 dedicated slots of a recovery item, a food item and a water item.
- Thirst no longer goes down when it is raining.
- Reduced the construction costs of all walls.
- Adjusted how buildings gain hit points, so weaker builders are stronger, and stronger buildings are weaker.
- Villagers no longer look for bandages or potions when hurt, but rather try to always keep one on hand.
- Lightning now scares villagers.
- Tips are not updated.
- Sometimes guards posted to a job will take their time before they quit.