Select villager from villager list - should show tooltip
2 replies to this topic - Started By rwv37, Jul 12 2017 04:42 PM

#1 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

If you click on a villager on the map, it selects the villager, and it opens up a little tooltip showing their name and some info about them.  The tooltip follows the villager around as they walk about.

If you click on a villager in the villager list, it moves the map to the villager (I guess), and it selects the villager, but it doesn't show the tooltip.  It would be nice if it did. 

The reason I discovered this is because my population is getting big, so I wanted to send some people to Limbo to avoid the game slowing down.  I decided to send the lowest level people, so I went to the list, scrolled to the bottom, and clicked on the lowest villager.  The map view moved, but there were a billion villagers in sight, and I had no idea which was the one I was interested in.  I guess it was the one in the middle of the screen at the time I clicked, but they all are rushing around and they quickly scatter, so it's difficult to tell who it is.  If the tooltip were there, it would be easy.

#2 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Pip

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

Followup: It seems like this happens sometimes? Maybe it takes time for the tooltip to open in some cases, or maybe it's hidden behind some piece of the GUI (like the villager list itself).

#3 rwv37

rwv37
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Ah, I think I've got it: After you click the villager's name in the villager list, the villager's tooltip does not open until you move the mouse away from the villager list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users