Random tree appearing inside village perimeter
3 replies to this topic - Started By john, May 19 2017 09:51 AM

#1 john

john
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

Just wondering whether anyone else has encountered this issue: My last two villages were doing pretty well (I failed on day 14 in the most recent game, but made it to day 18 in the one before that), when my maze/tower defense system was suddenly undermined by a tree randomly appearing in the middle of my wall maze (bottom right in the linked picture).  

http://imgur.com/a/xhjy5

My city was on the left side, and it had a line of towers along the inner side of the wall.  The monsters would file into the entrance at the top right, where they would get mowed down before they could make it all the way to the exit at the top left (the openings for the entrance and exit were intentionally left open so mobs would walk an extended path length while under fire, instead of just tearing down the wall in a random place).  In both cases, this was going fine until a tree (which the AI treats as a wall) appeared at the bottom of my maze, forcing the monsters to create a new opening (which they did at the red line).  With a direct path into the village, my defense towers and all other buildings were gone almost instantly.

Is this a bug? On the one hand, I guess it makes sense that trees might grow sometimes—but on the other hand, it seems impossible to last even one full year without a reliable maze/tower defense system, which in turn seems impossible if the maze can be blocked off without any warning or notification.  Assuming it's intended behavior and not a glitch, does anyone have workaround ideas (that don't involve a double-wide path)?

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,757 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Nope, not a bug. Trees do slowly spread out. When making your wall maze, make sure you're aware of them and "wall off" the trees as well. :)
Rise to Ruins Developer

#3 john

john
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, I think I was overestimating how much of a problem this was since it happened to me twice in a row.  I'm on day 45 in my current game with no troubles so far.  Thanks for the quick reply though—and for making this awesome game!

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,757 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

No problem, glad you're enjoying it! ;)
Rise to Ruins Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users