InDev 26 Unstable 1 patch has arrived! Most of this patch's goal is sets up the framework for the patch series, adding the new damage type system, rebalancing the spawn rates and adding upgrades to all 4 of the original towers.
This patch also introduces a my shameless twitch plugs for my brand new twitch.tv channel. Whenever I am live streaming development, a indication box will pop up on your main menu. If you're interested in watching me live stream development, give me a follow!
You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board.
InDev 26 Unstable 1 Change Log
Tower Upgrades and Damage Types
- All 4 base towers can now be upgraded, increasing their damage, firing rates and sometimes range. Their final upgrades all offer additional elemental damage of some kind. For example, the final stage bow tower can be upgraded into a fire, ice or poison bow tower.
- The fire bolt tower has been replaced with a very similar elemental bolt tower, that can later be upgraded into a fire, ice or electric bolt tower.
- Every damage in the game now has an assigned "type". Some types, like blight or poison, have residual status effects.
- Towers can now target a new monster before the old target is dead, if the new target is closer or more vulnerable to the tower's damage type.
- Mobs can be resistant or vulnerable to damage certain damage types. For example, the skeleton is now highly resistant to piercing damage from the bow tower.
- Zombies now do "Blight" damage, and can turn a villager into a zombie if they die while blighted.
- Slimes can now poison villagers.
- Being poisoned, on fire, frozen or blighted is now factored into fight or flight.
- Medics can now heal blight and poison.
- Healing aura now heals blight and poison.
- Fixed some minor sprite coloring issues.
- Improved some of the mob search algorithm. Improving update logic speed game wide.
- Reduced overall mob aggressiveness, making them search for combat less, reducing CPU usage.
- Reduced how often the tick to look for food or water when hungry or thirsty runs, reducing CPU usage.
- Reduced how often mobs wander aimless, to reduce CPU usage.
- Added a slight targeting buffer/delay to tower target searching to reduce CPU usage.
- The global spawn rate has been reduced by about 15%.
- Skeletons no longer spawn until day 4.
- Regular sized slimes can no longer spawn until day 3. But small slimes can still spawn by day 2.
- Fire elementals will not spawn until day 6. (Formally day 5)
- Greatly reduced spawn rate of spawners, but increased the rates spawners themselves spawn. (Meaning more spawners, but the same amount of monsters)
- Increased spawner build time, resource requirements and hit points.
- Increased the chance mobs will wake up from being knocked out/incapacitated.
- Reduced how often villagers stop to chat.
- Decreased the speed that body temperature adjusts, allowing villagers to stay out in the hot or cold longer.
- Rebalanced start stats and level up amounts for all mobs.
- Mobs run away more often when low on health.
- Removed 2 erroneous names from the villager name list.
- Increased flame spell damage.
- Slowed down thirst decay rate for children.
- Added some new death messages and new death message subtitles.
- Essence Collector has been slightly rebalanced and can now be upgraded.
- Generic wood GUI buttons are no longer in all caps.
- Completely removed "Stun" effects from the game's AI.
- Live stream message now pops up on the main menu when live streaming.
- Twitch link added to main menu.
- Reversed changes made that prevent building roads before the way maker shack is completed.
- Fixed the abandoned crystal harvestry in map Enchanted Shoreline.
- When resurrected, villagers no longer start with 0 energy, hunger, and thirst.
- Tips are not updated.
- Status effects, like poison and blight are not displayed anywhere in the GUI.