Game lags horribly after 300+ villagers
3 replies to this topic - Started By Korish, Feb 13 2017 08:11 PM

#1 Korish

Korish
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

I am up to 390ish villagers, at night I get around 1 frame every 3 seconds when being attacked. during the day I get around 10 fps.

I have a GTX970, i7 3770k, 16GB of RAM, 2 Samsung 500GB SSDs in a raid, etc. I can play pretty much any thing maxed out. This seems to have issues with pathing 1000+ units i am guessing.

I have not wanted to start over again. Not sure if anyone else has reported this problem,

The current known issues page link seems to be broken, http://risetoruins.c...before-posting/ gives me this:

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10340]

You do not have permission to view this topic.

Need Help?

Sorry, we couldn't find that!
[#10340]

You do not have permission to view this topic.

Need Help?

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Developer
  • 1,516 posts
  • Pip
  • Steam ID:Rayvolution
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

You're hitting the upper limit of that the engine can handle. :)

It's mostly a CPU issue, not a GPU issue. Honestly, villages shouldn't be getting that large. But currently once you hit the content wall your reproduction rates just spin out of control. That's something I'll be solving down the road though.

For now, there's actually not bug on either my end or yours, you're just overloading the game. In the future, the game will both be better optimize and have much more end game content to avoid the problem.

As for the link, where are you finding it? It's linking to a page I removed, I must of missed a link somewhere on the site. :)

Retro-Pixel Castles Developer

#3 Korish

Korish
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

You're hitting the upper limit of that the engine can handle. :)

It's mostly a CPU issue, not a GPU issue. Honestly, villages shouldn't be getting that large. But currently once you hit the content wall your reproduction rates just spin out of control. That's something I'll be solving down the road though.

For now, there's actually not bug on either my end or yours, you're just overloading the game. In the future, the game will both be better optimize and have much more end game content to avoid the problem.

As for the link, where are you finding it? It's linking to a page I removed, I must of missed a link somewhere on the site. :)

From the Known bugs link in the how to report bugs sticky ;)

#4 Korish

Korish
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

http://images.akamai...-format&pic.bmp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users